Mother of three and spouse, I always have my hands full. But I am much more than just those things...
Join me on my adventure through life not only as a family woman but also as a fitness fanatic, mental health advocate, body modification fan and product reviewer!

June 7, 2015

Classroom Friendly Supplies Pencil Sharpener Review

Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener



Last year, we did home schooling online in our home. It was difficult, it took a lot of time and dedication not only from my children but from myself as well. I was always looking for ways to save time... and money! One of the biggest educational challenges was quickly discovered.....

..... dun dun dun .....

Broken Pencils!!!!!

They're everywhere! Pull one pencil out of the case and it's a mystery as to where the lead has disappeared to! So you reach for the next pencil only to discover the same problem.. The leads have either broken off or they're so worn down writing with them as probably the furthest option at that point as to what to use them for.

Needless to say I was pretty excited when I received the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener from May over at Classroom Friendly Supplies! I immediately fell in love with it because well, it's pink! You get to choose your own color, and boy am I a sucker for anything pink. I blame the female in me, don't judge me. They come in a whole variety of colors though! I also couldn't help but notice that the clear plastic package it arrived in was really, really cool. I saved it. I like neat things. ;)

Check it out! This is the sharpener I received:




As you can see, it is a really attractive tool! But the real test was yet to come... Does it REALLY work? And is it REALLY the quietest pencil sharpener I've ever heard as it claims?

It didn't take us long to set it up and put our new pencil sharpener to use. We also have an artist in the house, so there is no shortage of pencils anywhere in the vicinity. When we used it to sharpen our first pencil, both our jaws dropped. Not only is it insanely quiet for a pencil sharpener, but the leads on those bad boys! Holy moly!!! Every pencil we sharpened came out with the most perfect and impressive pencil tip I have EVER seen. I cannot stress enough how perfect they came out!

Look at this picture of a pencil sharpened with the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener!



The sharpener holds the pencil for you, too! You can adjust the side that holds the pencil to whatever distance out you want, this adjusts the length of the lead after sharpening. As you sharpen, the sharpener automatically pulls the pencil in, creating a flawless tip each and every single time. The bottom catch-all container is clear so you can watch as your pencil shavings drop in... I'm easily entertained. The crank on the sharpener is so smooth. It almost seems to glide in circles as opposed to being turned.

Check out this brief video from Classroom Friendly Supplies.


The Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener is primarily for use by actual teachers in actual classrooms, but us home school moms are just as much teachers and our homes are just as much classrooms as the next teachers, so I recommend this for ALL parents! Even if you don't home school, you will never regret this purchase. Stop wasting precious moments of time with broken pencils and unhappy kids! And also be sure to visit www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com here!


Disclaimer: The Illustrated Mom received this product from Classroom Friendly Supplies for review and was not compensated for this post. All opinions are honest and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment